Delicious fresh Vietnamese curry a great dish for vegetarians.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Vietnamese curry paste or curry paste
- 1 tbsp Thai seasoning
- 750 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1½ cups (375 ml) vegetable stock
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Shredded lime rind, to garnish
- Steamed jasmine rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally , for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add curry paste and Thai seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add pumpkin, milk, stock and chickpeas. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in fish sauce.
- Garnish with shredded lime rind. Serve with steamed rice and lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.1 g|
|- Sugars||10.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||14.6 g|