Mixed spices and chopped pecans give this banana bread loaf something extra!
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup low-GI cane sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free soft icing sugar mixture
- 1¾ cups self-raising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- Grease a medium 12cm x 22cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Place yoghurt, oil, eggs, banana and sugars in a medium bowl. Add combined sifted flour, spice and soda. Beat with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, or until cooked when tested. Stand loaf in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold, cut into slices.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||56.6 g|
|- Sugars||34.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|