Entertain guests with sizzling pork cutlets and a homemade apple sauce.
- 1 kg Red Delight potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 pork cutlets (1 kg)
- steamed fresh baby carrots, to serve
- 3 Granny Smith apples (500 g)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 25 g butter, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- To make apple sauce, peel and core apples. Roughly chop. Place in a large saucepan with remaining ingredients. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until apples are tender. Remove. Cool slightly. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine potatoes and 2 tbsp of the oil in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 30 minutes, or until golden and tender. Stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, brush remaining oil over both sides of pork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, oiled grill plate over a medium heat. Add pork in two batches. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve cutlets with sauce, potatoes and steamed carrots.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||48.4 g|
|- Sugars||22.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.1 g|