6 cups puffed rice cereal (rice bubbles)
280 g bag pink and white marshmallows
75 g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups pure icing sugar
2 Tbsp water
liquid green food colouring, to tint
edible candy eyeballs, to decorate
hard peppermint candies, to decorate
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Place rice bubbles in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine marshmallows, butter and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Add to rice bubbles and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan. Smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, sift icing sugar into a medium bowl. Stir in enough water to make it a smooth, spreadable consistency. Tint green. Reserve 2 tsp.
- Lift slice from pan. Remove lining paper. Using a large, sharp knife, cut into 16 rectangles.
- To make large eyes, stick a candy eye onto each peppermint using reserved icing as glue.
- One at a time, hold rectangle at an angle and spoon 1 tblsp of icing over one end. Spread to create a dribble effect. Lay flat on a baking-paper-lined tray.
- Decorate with extra candy eyes as desired. Refrigerate until icing is set. Serve.