1.4 kg beef rump steak roasted
salt and pepper, to taste
400 g butternut pumpkin pieces
4 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 4 cm pieces
2 tbsps olive oil
300 g baby Brussels sprouts
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 cups beef stock
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup gravy powder
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Place in an oiled, large, non-stick roasting pan.
- Toss pumpkin and carrots with half the oil in a large bowl. Season. Arrange in a single layer on a large oven tray.
- Cook beef on middle shelf and vegetables on lower shelf in a very hot oven (220C) for 20 minutes. Remove vegetables from oven.
- Toss sprouts with 2 tsps of the remaining oil in a bowl. Spoon over vegetables.
- Reduce oven to moderate (180C). Return vegetables to oven with beef. Cook for a further 25 minutes until beef is cooked to medium, or to your liking, and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven.
- Keep vegetables warm. Rest beef, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, make gravy. Heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until soft. Add stock and vinegar. Bring to boil. Sprinkle over gravy powder. Stir until smooth. Gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve beef with roasted vegetables and gravy.