This all-in-one tray 5-ingredient lamb roast will leave them begging for more.
1.5 kg Dutch cream potatoes, peeled, chopped into 3cm pieces
3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
6 large cloves garlic, cut into slivers
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1.2 kg leg lamb, excess fat trimmed
1 cup hot vegetable stock
Rocket and parmesan salad, to serve (see below)
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Take a large, deep sided baking tray and grease with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, place chopped potatoes, tomatoes, half the garlic and the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes and tomatoes into the tray and place the lamb on top. Make incisions over the surface of the lamb and fill with remaining garlic slivers. Season with a little black pepper.
- Pour the hot stock into the pan and cook for 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, increase oven temperature to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and set the lamb aside. Wrapping in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile slice the lamb and when potatoes are done place the lamb over the top of the vegetables. Garnish with a little rocket and accompany with rocket & parmesan salad.