1.25 kg small Desiree potatoes, cut lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
185 g packet hot smoked salmon with pepper, skin removed, flaked
60 g fresh baby spinach leaves, shredded
2 Tbsp drained baby capers
lemon cut into wedges, to serve
200 ml tub creme fraiche
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
2 Tbsp horseradish cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Place potatoes in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Whisk oil, mustard, garlic and paprika in a small jug. Pour over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), turning halfway, for about 40 minutes, or until golden and tender. Remove. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes, salmon, spinach, capers and dressing in a large bowl. Toss well. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Serve salad with lemon pieces