1 bunch cooked baby beetroot trimmed
200 g lamb fillet trimmed of excess fat
olive oil cooking spray
freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ cups mint leaves
1 celery stick diagonally sliced
½ orange flesh removed
6 radicchio leaves, sliced lengthways
1 tbsp pine nuts toasted (see tip)
10 g shredded Parmesan
2 x 50 g sourdough bread rolls to serve
2 Tbsp buttermilk
½ orange juiced
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C (fan-forced). Wash the beets, keeping the roots attached. Pat dry with paper towel. Spray the beets with cooking spray and wrap in foil. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until the beets are tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Peel off the skins and cut the beets into thin wedges.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Spray the lamb all over with the cooking spray. Season with pepper. Add the lamb to the chargrill and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, for medium. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the mint leaves, celery, orange, raddichio leaves and pine nuts in a large bowl. Diagonally slice the lamb and add to the salad with the beet wedges. Toss to combine.
- Buttermilk dressing: Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide the salad between serving bowls or plates. Drizzle over the dressing. Sprinkle over the pine nuts. Serve.