1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled cut into 3 cm pieces
2 onions, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground sage leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
250 g ricotta cheese
400 g canned chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
250 g tub sour cream
4 fresh lasagne sheets
¾ cup grated Parmesan
- Toss pumpkin and onions with garlic, sage and oil in a large roasting pan. Season.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Roughly mash. Cool. Stir in ricotta.
- Whisk tomatoes and sour cream in a jug. Season.
- Spread ½ cup of the tomato mixture over base of a 19cm x 28cm rectangular ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity). Place pumpkin mixture (about 1 cup) lengthways along one long side of each lasagne sheet. Roll up from long sides. Arrange cannelloni in a single layer over tomato mixture. Pour over remaining tomato mixture to cover cannelloni. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cover with oiled foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for a further 20 to 25 minutes, or until cannelloni is tender and top is golden brown. Serve.