3 x 700 g butternut pumpkin cut into halves
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Pepita and coriander dressing
¾ cup pepitas
2 tsp ground cumin
¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp water
salt and pepper to taste
- For dressing, toss pepitas with cumin and 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Spread over large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), stirring halfway through, for about 10 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cool. Reserve ¼ cup for garnish.
- Place remaining pepitas in a food processor with remaining oil, coriander, juice, garlic, mustard and water. Process until combined. Season. Transfer to a jug.
- Remove seeds from pumpkin. Cut each half lengthways into four even wedges.
- Combine oil and chilli in a small bowl. Brush over pumpkin wedges. Season with salt and pepper. Place on two oiled, large oven trays.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), swapping trays halfway through, for about 45 to 50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove.
- Place pumpkin on a serving platter. Spoon over dressing. Sprinkle with reserved pepitas and coriander.