2 large capsicums
600 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut lengthways
450 g (2) eggplants, cut lengthways into thin strips
extra virgin olive oil spray
3 zucchini cut lengthways into thin strips
500 g low-fat ricotta
30 g Parmesan
2 x 60 g eggs
160 ml skim milk
freshly ground black pepper
700 g passata sauce
16 lasagne sheets
1 cup basil
40 g reduced-fat grated cheese
mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Wrap capsicums in foil. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spray sweet potatoes and eggplants with oil. Place on trays. Roast all the vegies together for 20 minutes or until the eggplants and potatoes are tender and capsicum skin is soft. Transfer to a wire rack. Allow the capsicums to cool slightly then peel, cut into quarters and discard the skin and seeds.
- Spray zucchinis with oil and place on 1 of the trays. Roast for 15 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Meanwhile, whisk ricotta, parmesan, eggs and milk in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a 3L (12 cup) rectangular ovenproof dish with oil. Pour some passata over the base of the dish. Top with a layer of pasta followed by capsicum and eggplant. Pour over half of the remaining passata. Top with another layer of pasta and half the ricotta mixture. Layer the zucchini and sweet potato. Pour over remaining passata. Top with basil and final layer of pasta. Spoon over remaining ricotta mixture and top with cheese.
- Place lasagne on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Cover with baking paper and foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender when tested with a small, sharp knife. Serve with salad, if you like.