1 large onion, finely chopped
150 g sliced Hungarian salami slices, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp dried oregano
420 g jar cherry tomato and chilli pasta sauce
400 g canned crushed tomatoes
½ cup drained pitted Kalamata olives
1 tsp caster sugar
salt and pepper to taste
375 g packet fresh lasagne sheets
grated Parmesan, to serve
- Heat an oiled, large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, salami, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in the sauce, tomatoes, olives and sugar. Bring to the boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, separate lasagne sheets. Tear each sheet lengthways into four pieces. Cook in a stockpot of boiling, salted water for about 5 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Return pasta to stockpot. Add sauce mixture. Stir over a low heat until coated and hot.
- Serve the pasta and sauce with parmesan.