⅓ cup garlic, onion and herbs pizza sauce
80 g packet thinly sliced mild salami slices
½ cup Kalamata olives
½ cup drained canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
1 cup grated tasty cheese
2 ¼ cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp sea salt flakes
75 g cold butter, chopped
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
1 cup milk, plus extra for brushing
- Grease a 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper
- To make dough, place flour and salt in a large bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips to form fine crumbs. Stir in parmesan. Make a well in the centre. Add ¾ cup of the milk. Using a flat-bladed knife, gently stir until mixture comes together, adding more milk if needed.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench. Gently knead until dough is smooth. Roll out to a 25cm x 33cm rectangle. Spread with sauce, leaving a 1cm border around edges.
- Arrange salami, olives and capsicum over the sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Starting from one long side, roll up dough firmly, enclosing filling. Trim ends. Cut into 10 x 3cm wide slices. Place side-by-side, cut-side up, in pan. Brush tops with extra milk.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer scrolls to a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.