2 x 300 g packets firm tofu
200 g dried egg noodles
6 green spring onions, chopped
1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
⅓ cup soy sauce, or gluten-free variety
2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
¼ cup cornflour
Salt and pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, for frying
- Cut each tofu block into 8 x 1cm-thick slices. Place slices between layers of absorbent kitchen paper. Press firmly to remove any moisture.
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
- Heat an oiled wok over a high heat. Add onions and chilli. Stir-fry until softened. Combine in a bowl with ¼ cup of the soy sauce.
- Heat same oiled wok over a high heat. Add carrots, capsicum and broccolini. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until almost tender. Add noodles. Stir-fry until hot. Add wine and remaining soy sauce. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat enough oil to cover base of a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Dust tofu in flour seasoned heavily with salt and pepper. Add to pan in two batches. Cook for 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Drain.
- Serve tofu over noodle mixture topped with spring onion mixture.