395 g sweetened condensed milk
600 ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
pinch sea salt flakes
2 bananas, unpeeled
1 punnet fresh strawberries, chopped
½ cup pure icing sugar
8 chocolate chip cookies
85 g strawberry-flavoured jelly crystals, prepared
1 cup aerosol whipped cream
flaked almonds, toasted, to garnish
- Put condensed milk can in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Boil rapidly for 45 minutes. (Top up to keep can covered.) Set aside can to cool.
- Put thickened cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip to soft peaks. Open can and gently fold caramel through cream mixture. Scatter with salt, spoon into a freezer-safe dish and freeze for 3 hours or until firm
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Bake bananas for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool. Peel and break into pieces.
- To make strawberry sauce, combine berries, icing sugar and 1 Tbsp water in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave on medium/50% for 7 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve. Set aside to cool.
- Break up cookies and crumble prepared jelly. Fill coupe glasses with ice-cream, banana, cookies, jelly and whipped cream. To serve, top with sauce and almonds