600 ml tub thickened cream
½ cup icing sugar mixture
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 x 250 g tubs mascarpone
⅓ cup instant coffee granules
⅓ cup boiling water
⅓ cup chocolate-coffee-flavoured liqueur
2 x 250 g packets sponge fingers
sliced fresh strawberries, to serve
Salted caramel sauce
1.5 cups caster sugar
¾ cups water
1 ¾ cups pure cream
½ tsp table salt
- To make sauce, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil, without stirring, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from heat. Carefully add cream.
- Return pan to a medium heat. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in salt. Pour into a heatproof jug. Refrigerate until cold. Makes about two cups.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in mascarpone until smooth
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water in shallow dish. Stir in liqueur and 2/3 cup cold water.
- To assemble, reserve 1 cup caramel sauce. Refrigerate.
- One at a time, dip half the biscuits into the coffee mixture for about 5 seconds. Arrange over base of a large, rectangular serving dish (14-cup capacity). Drizzle over ½ cup of the remaining sauce. Top with half the cream mixture. Repeat layering with remaining biscuits, coffee mixture, sauce and cream mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight
- Top tiramisu with strawberries. Drizzle over reserved sauce, or serve separately