This speedy stir-fry recipe will give you a boost of greens thanks to delicious broccoli florets. With peanut butter satay sauce, it's full of rich flavour.
2 x 440 g packets fresh hokkien noodles
600 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
¼ cup peanut oil
1 small onion, cut into 1cm wedges
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
400 g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
1 bunch bok choy (300g), trimmed, roughly chopped
fresh coriander leaves
chopped, dry roasted unsalted peanuts, to serve
⅔ cup water
½ cup coconut milk
⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make satay sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Mix well.
- Prepare noodles according to packet directions. Drain.
- Toss chicken with 2 tbsp of the oil in a large bowl.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Add onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add broccoli. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until just tender. Return chicken to wok with noodles, bok choy and satay sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is hot.
- Serve stir-fry topped with coriander and peanuts.