375 g casarecce pasta
450 g Cumberland pork sausage meat
2 Tbsp olive oil
200 g punnet grape tomatoes, quartered
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
1 cup firmly packed basil
salt and pepper to taste
finely grated Parmesan, to serve
extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender.
- Meanwhile, remove sausages from casings by trimming one end and squeezing out meat. Discard casings. Cut meat into 3cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add sausage meat. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Add tomatoes, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to stockpot. Add sausage mixture with reserved cooking water and basil. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta with parmesan. Drizzle with oil.