500 g pasta (we used rigatoni)
6 Italian pork sausages (or other sausage flavour of choice), skins removed (see tips, below)
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp dried rosemary or 1- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
1 handful leafy greens (such as spinach or baby kale)
300 ml passata
1 tbsp cream
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, fry off the sausage meat with the onions, garlic and rosemary, until browned, breaking up the sausage meat with your wooden spoon as you go.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and leafy greens.
- Add in the tomato passata (you can add more if you like it to be wetter and more tomatoey).
- Add dash of cream – avoid adding too much cream so the strong tomato flavor of the sauce is preserved.
- Season with lashings of pepper and a little salt, then tip over the cooked pasta.
- Eat immediately. Be prepared for seconds and enjoy!