150 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
1 cup fine semolina
¾ cup self-raising flour
1 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp blanched almonds
Extra Greek yoghurt, to serve
Orange honey syrup
⅓ cup honey
½ cup water
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup orange juice
- Grease a 22cm springform pan (base measures 20cm). Line base and side with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and rind in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Mixture will looked curdled at this stage. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in semolina, flour and yoghurt in two batches until combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan smooth over top. Decorate with almonds.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make syrup. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil gently for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Using a skewer, pierce hot cake in pan from the top to the base. Slowly pour over half the syrup, stand for 15 minutes to allow it to absorb. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve warm or cold with extra Greek yoghurt and remaining syrup.