4 x 150 g beef sirloin steaks
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 bunch fresh gai lan (400g)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup sweet white miso paste
200 g green beans, trimmed
200 g snow peas, trimmed
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Toss beef with sesame oil in a bowl.
- Trim gai lan. Cut crossways into thirds. Separate leaves and stems, cutting larger stems lengthways in half.
- Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in same frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and miso paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add beans and gai lan stems with 2 tbsp water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, or until just tender. Add snow peas and gai lan leaves. Cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes, or until just wilted.
- Serve beef with rice, vegetables and pan juices. Sprinkle over seeds.