2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small red capsicum, cut into 1 cm slices
1 small yellow capsicum, cut into 1 cm slices
3 cloves garlic, crushed
500 g beef mince
400 g can canned crushed tomatoes
¼ cup chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
6 slices tasty cheese
6 brioche burger buns, split
6 dill cucumber pickles
potato chips, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicums and garlic. Cook. Stir occasionally, until soft.
- Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in tomatoes and chipotle sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Uncover. Arrange cheese over top. Cover. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Place buns cut side down. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove.
- Divide beef mixture among bases. Replace tops. Secure pickles to tops with skewers.
- Serve with potato crisps.