2 x 1 kg pieces pork neck trimmed
2 Tbsp plain flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 onions finely chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup barbecue marinade
1 Tbsp smoky barbecue seasoning
instant mashed potatoes to serve
steamed fresh peas to serve
- Coat pork in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake off excess, reserving the remaining flour.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add pork in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned all over. Transfer to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker
- Add onions and garlic to same pan over a moderate heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Whisk stock, marinade, seasoning and reserved flour in a jug. Pour over pork. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours, or until pork starts to fall apart. Remove pork from cooker. Thickly shred. Return to cooker. Stir to coat in sauce mixture.
- Serve pork with mashed potatoes and steamed peas.