These lamb chops have an irresistible smoky taste & are accompanied by a sweet potato mash instead of a regular mash. Delish!
2 kg lamb chump chops, trimmed
¼ cup olive oil
40 g smoky barbecue seasoning
⅔ cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 beef stock cube (12g), crumbled
¼ cup water
sweet potato, mashed
rocket leaves, to serve
- Cook lamb in three batches, adding 1 tbsp oil with each batch. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer lamb to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker.
- Add combined rub, sauce, vinegar, garlic, stock cube and water. Turn lamb to coat. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours, or until lamb is tender.
- Serve with mashed sweet potato and rocket leaves.