4 x 150 g chicken breast fillets
2 tbsp Malaysian rendang curry paste
1 ½ cups long-grain rice
1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rub chicken with paste.
- Boil, steam or microwave rice until tender. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, ovenproof, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Transfer pan to a moderate oven (180C). Cook for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve chicken with rice, lettuce and salsa.