1 cup brown rice
600 g cauliflower, cut into florets
250 g baby yellow squash (4), cut into 1cm-thick wedges
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 carrots, peeled and grated
80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
⅓ cup shredded fresh mint leaves
1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Cook rice according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss cauliflower and squash with spices, salt and pepper and half the oil in a roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add remaining oil and vinegar to hot roasting pan. Stir to combine with any spice mixture in pan. Pour over vegetables.
- Add rice to vegetables with carrots and spinach. Stir through mint and seeds.