Spice up your regular brownies with a bit of chai!
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
200 g dark chocolate block, chopped
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup plain flour
½ cup chai tea spice
2 tbsps cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
extra cocoa powder to decorate
- Grease and line base and sides of an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, eggs and combined sifted flour, chai tea spice, cocoa, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir until smooth. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Remove. Cool in pan.
- Lift slice out of pan. Dust with sifted extra cocoa. Cut into squares.