300 g ciabatta loaf
1 clove garlic crushed
100 g packet prosciutto sliced
75 g soft feta
800 g butternut pumpkin peeled cut into 1 cm slices
1 red onion thinly sliced
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- To make spiced pumpkin, place pumpkin and onion in a large roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Combine honey, vinegar, cumin, cinnamon, chilli and 2 tbsp of the oil in a jug. Mix well. Pour over pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Cover tightly in foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Cook a further 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, cut 12 x 1cm thick slices from bread. Reserve remaining bread for another use. Combine garlic and remaining oil in a bowl. Brush evenly over both sides of slices. Place in a single layer on two oven trays.
- Cook in same moderate oven for about 15 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on trays.
- Place prosciutto in a single layer on a separate, greased oven tray.
- Cook in same moderate oven for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp, turning halfway through. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Break into large pieces
- To serve, spread feta over toasted slices. Top with spiced pumpkin and prosciutto.