We’ve turned this famous sauce into a dish for every occasion!
500 g ricotta cheese
300 ml pure cream
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
½ quantity cold bolognese pasta sauce
8 lasagne sheets
120 g fresh baby spinach leaves
1 cup grated cheese
mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lightly grease a large, rectangular, oven-proof dish (23cm x 30cm x 6cm deep, 12-cup capacity).
- Combine ricotta, cream, parmesan and garlic in a medium bowl. Season. Mix well.
- Spread one cup of the bolognese sauce over base of prepared dish. Arrange half the lasagne sheets over top in a single layer, using kitchen scissors to trim sheets to fit.
- Spread two cups of the remaining bolognese sauce over top. Repeat layering with remaining lasagne sheets and bolognese sauce.
- Arrange spinach over top. Spoon ricotta mixture over spinach. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with a sheet of greased baking paper, then cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 35 minutes. Remove foil and baking paper. Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Remove. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves.