1 kg sweet potato, peeled, chopped
250 g tub sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 beef stock cube, crumbled
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
steamed broccoli, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until smooth. Add 1/3 cup of the sour cream. Season. Mix well. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add steaks. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes
- Add onion to same pan with remaining oil over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add stock cube, mustard, sauce and ¾ cup boiling water. Bring to boil. Gently boil for 1 minute. Stir in remaining sour cream until smooth. Remove from heat. Season.
- Serve steaks with sauce, mash and steamed broccoli.