4 x 150 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed of excess fat
4 carrots, peeled, halved crossways and lengthways
2 red onions, cut into wedges
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 ½ cups pearl couscous (250g packet)
⅓ cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano
100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Boil carrots in a pan of water for about 6 minutes until just tender, adding onions in last minute of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, make couscous. Add couscous to a large saucepan of boiling water. Boil for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a high heat. Add carrots and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Add vinegar.
- Serve beef with couscous, carrots and onions.