1.5 kg chicken wing nibbles
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
salt and white pepper to taste
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
Lebanese cucumber sticks, to serve
½ cup plum sauce
⅓ cup char siu sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Mix well.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Sprinkle with five-spice powder. Season with salt and white pepper. Toss well. Arrange in a single layer in an oiled, large, non-stick roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), turning halfway, for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Pour over sauce. Toss well to coat. Return pan to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, place seeds in a dry, small frying pan over a medium heat. Stir, shaking pan occasionally, until seeds are lightly golden. Add oil and chilli. Cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes, or until chilli is golden. Remove.
- Serve chicken with cucumber. Sprinkle over chilli and seeds.