Take your dessert to the next level with jelly made from the juice of fresh strawberries and Pimm's – of course. This summery treat is a match made in heaven!
750 g ripe strawberries, plus extra to serve
50 g caster sugar, plus extra to taste (optional)
250- 300 ml Pimm's
4 sheets leaf gelatine
lemon juice (optional)
whipped cream, to serve
shortbread, to serve
- Wash, drain and hull the strawberries. Tip into a food processor or blender with the caster sugar and blitz to crush.
- Line a colander with a sheet of clean muslin. Place the colander over a large bowl. Tip the strawberry mixture into the colander and allow the juices to drip through overnight (not in the fridge).
- In the morning, measure the strained juice – you should have 300-400ml depending on the berries. Add enough Pimm’s to make up to 600ml.
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave for 10 mins to soften, then lift out of the water, squeezing out the excess. In a small pan, heat 200ml of the strawberry and Pimm’s liquid until it is hot to touch, then remove from the heat. Add the gelatine to the hot liquid and stir to dissolve. Pour back into the remaining cool liquid, taste and add sugar or lemon juice to balance the flavour.
- Divide the mixture between 4 glasses and place in the fridge for at least 4 hrs to set. Top with halved with strawberries and whipped cream, and serve with shortbread.