2 Roma tomatoes, cut into 5mm thick slices
2 tsp olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
12 medium button mushrooms
100 g lean turkey mince
¼ cup finely sliced green shallots, plus extra to serve
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
2 Tbsp fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp 97% fat-free mayonnaise
¼ tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
3 cherry tomatoes, quartered, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Line a large baking dish with baking paper. Arrange tomato slices in lined pan. Drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle with pepper. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until tomatoes are light brown and nearly dry, turning once. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, line a shallow baking dish with baking paper. Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushrooms, stem side down, in dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop mushroom stems. Heat remaining oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium. Add mushroom stems, turkey mince, shallots, herbs and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until turkey is browned. Finely chop roasted tomatoes. Add about two-thirds of the tomatoes to turkey mixture. Stir in breadcrumbs and mustard.
- Return mushrooms, stem side up, to baking dish. Spoon filling evenly into mushrooms, pressing down lightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining chopped tomatoes, mayonnaise and lemon zest in a small bowl to make a tomato aioli.
- To serve, spoon aioli on each mushroom. Top with cherry tomatoes and shallots, if desired.