400 g canned sliced apples
2 Tbsp sultanas
2 Tbsp maple-flavoured syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
8 large slices white bread
50 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
1 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
300 ml tub thickened cream
½ cup brown sugar
- To make sauce, combine cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Stirring occasionally, gently boil for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine apples, sultanas, syrup and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Turn half the bread slices over, butter-side down. Top with apple mixture, spreading to edges. Place remaining slices, butter-side up, over apples.
- Place two sandwiches at a time in a heated jaffle maker. Close lid. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cut in half diagonally.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar. Top with ice-cream (optional). Drizzle sauce over the top