750 g chicken thigh fillets
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp curry powder
2 cups chicken stock
1 ½ cups pearl couscous
¼ cup mango chutney
½ cup dried apricots, halved
½ cup dried apple slices, halved
½ cup chopped mint
- Trim chicken. Cut into 5cm pieces.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to same pan with onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add curry. Stir for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with stock, couscous, chutney, apricots, apple and 1⁄2 cup water. Stir well. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 12 minutes, or until couscous is tender and chicken is cooked. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with mint.