8 chicken thigh cutlets, skin-on (1.5 kg), trimmed
½ cup plain flour
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp mild curry powder
2½ cups (625 ml) chicken stock
1 tbsp mango chutney
2 Granny Smith apples (300 g)
¼ cup sultanas
Fresh coriander, to garnish
Steamed rice, to serve
- Toss chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Shake away excess.
- Peel apples and cut into quarters. Remove core. Cut quarters into 1cm thick slices. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning halfway through, for about 8 minutes or until golden. Remove.
- Discard all but 2 tbsp of oil from pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add garlic and curry powder. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with stock, chutney, apples and sultanas. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, turning chicken over halfway through, for 20 minutes.
- Remove lid. Gently boil for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve with steamed rice.