3 egg yolks
500 g fresh ricotta
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup shredded coconut
2 Tbsp self-raising flour
6 egg whites, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
banana, sliced, to serve
fresh strawberries, sliced, to serve
toasted coconut flakes, to serve
honey, to serve
- Invert base of a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edge.
- Beat yolks, ricotta and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in coconut and flour.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl of an electric mixer until frothy. With motor operating, gradually beat in sugar until dissolved and meringue is thick and glossy.
- In two batches, fold meringue into ricotta mixture until just combined. Spoon into pan. Smooth top.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked when tested. Remove. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Remove side. Stand for a further 15 minutes.
- To serve, top warm frittata with fruit and toasted coconut. Drizzle with honey.