This tandoori meatloaf is an Indian-style dish with a fruity glaze that's simply irresistible.
400 g packet vegetable fried rice
750 g beef mince
¼ cup tandoori paste
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup mango chutney
natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Grease a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Prepare rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add beef, paste and eggs to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon over chutney, spreading to cover top. Return to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Remove.
- Serve warm meatloaf with yoghurt and naan bread (optional).