This tandoori recipe swaps chicken for salmon and adds some sweetness to its salad with apple. Enjoy this fusion of flavours for a unique dining experience.
4 x 125 g pieces fresh skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
¼ cup tandoori paste
⅔ cup natural yoghurt
1 ½ cups basmati rice
1 lemon cut into wedges
2 red apples, cut into matchsticks
1 cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
2 carrots, peeled, shredded
½ cup roasted unsalted cashew nuts (80g)
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Rub salmon with paste combined with half the yoghurt. Place on a greased oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°c) for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave rice until tender. Cover to keep warm.
- To make apple salad, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve salmon over rice with salad and remaining yoghurt. Squeeze over lemon wedges