Cross a Tim Tam biscuit with a hedgehog slice and prepare to be seriously impressed – Create Bake Make's easy slice recipe will be a fam favourite in no time.
250 g plain sweet biscuits, such as Marie
2 x 200 g packs Tim Tam biscuits
200 g butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
⅓ cup desiccated coconut
395 g tin sweetened condensed milk
200 g milk chocolate
- Line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin (which has high sides) with baking paper. Make sure you leave plenty hanging over the edges to help you remove the Tim Tam hedgehog slice once it has set.
- Roughly chop 6 of the Tim Tams into large pieces and set aside until needed.
- Place the plain biscuits into a food processor and blitz until they have just broken up. Add the remaining whole Tim Tams (approximately 1 ½ packs) and blitz for 5 seconds or until they have broken into large chunks. Place the crushed biscuits into a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the condensed milk into a small saucepan and add the butter and cocoa. Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted and the ingredients have combined.
- Pour the condensed milk mixture into the bowl with the crushed biscuits and add the coconut. Working quickly, use a large metal spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Break the milk chocolate into squares and place it into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave on high for 30 second spurts (mixing in between), until it's just melted. Pour over the top of the slice and sprinkle the Tim Tams you set aside earlier over the top. Place the slice into the fridge for 6 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
- Once set, remove the slice from the tin and cut into pieces.