The classic Italian dessert is now an ice-cream cake ideal for parties and entertaining! Not even cold weather could keep us away from this rich beauty.
2 litres vanilla ice-cream
1 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder plus extra to garnish
100 ml Kahlua or Tia Maria
100 ml coffee cooled room temperature
12 sponge fingers
chocolate-coated coffee beans to garnish
chocolate-coated sultanas to garnish
- Put ice-cream in a large bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- Dust base and sides of a 23cm round fluted silicone pan with cocoa. Remove excess by turning upside down and tapping gently.
- Stir ice-cream until smooth. Pour ½ of the ice-cream into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Combine liqueur and coffee in a small bowl then dip savoiardi biscuits, 2 at a time, into mixture until biscuits are well soaked but still holding shape. Arrange biscuits neatly in a single layer on ice-cream, cutting where necessary to cover. Pour over remaining ice-cream. Smooth surface. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn out cake and transfer to a serving plate, decorative side up. Garnish with extra cocoa, coffee beans and sultanas, and serve immediately.