375 g penne rigate
425 g canned tuna
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400 g canned cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
2 Tbsp drained capers, coarsely chopped
⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
salt and pepper, to taste
finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup of cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot. Cover to keep warm
- Drain tuna, reserving 2 tblsps of the oil.
- Heat reserved oil in a medium, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add tomatoes and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to boil. Add olives, capers and parsley. Simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through tuna.
- Stir tuna mixture into pasta in stockpot. Serve with grated parmesan and extra parsley.