1.2 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
450 g loaf Turkish bread
lemon, cut into wedges
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp smoked paprika
¼ cup lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
400 g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 green spring onions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp lemon juice
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into 3cm thick slices
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Add bread. Cook, turning for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium to high. In two batches, add chicken to same grill plate. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked though. Remove.
- Meanwhile, make tabouli. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season.
- Serve chicken with tabouli, bread, tzatziki and lemon