2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Tuscan seasoning
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
steamed green beans
Crushed sweet potato
800 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
25 g butter, chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
- To make potatoes, cook sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan with butter. Stir gently to crush. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, seasoning and garlic in a large bowl. Add beef. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Return same pan to a high heat. Add combined vinegar and ½ cup water. Bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
- Serve steaks with crushed sweet potato and beans. Pour over pan juices.