1 ½ cups risoni
750 g uncrumbed veal schnitzels
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup olive oil
1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
400 g sliced mushrooms
¼ cup tomato paste
1 beef stock cube, crumbled
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
250 g tub sour cream
steamed broccolini, to serve
steamed green beans, to serve
chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, season veal with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tblsp of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add veal in three batches. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until browned and just cooked through. Remove. Cut diagonally into 5cm wide pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over a medium to high heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add paste. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add combined stock cube, sauce and 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream until melted. Return veal. Turn to coat in sauce. Remove from heat.
- Serve veal and sauce with risoni, broccolini and beans. Garnish with parsley.