800 g washed potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
¼ cup olive oil
700 g uncrumbed veal schnitzels
mixed salad leaves
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
½ small red onion, finely chopped
½ cup small fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large, shallow microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tblsps water. Cover potatoes with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large oven tray. Drizzle with 1 tblsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make salsa. Combine vinegar with remaining oil in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, onion and basil. Season. Toss to combine.
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add veal in two batches. Cool for about 1 minute on each side, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Serve veal with potatoes and salad leaves. Top with bruschetta salsa.