This onion and thyme seasoned potato bake is vegan and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
Cooking oil spray
1½ kg desiree potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
1 onion, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 ⅔ cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh thyme leaves, to garnish
- Spray a rectangular ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity) with oil.
- Arrange one-third of the potatoes over base of prepared dish. Scatter half the onion and thyme on top of potatoes. Arrange another one-third of the potatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining onion and thyme, then top with remaining potato slices.
- Pour stock over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, then cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Drizzle over oil and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Season.
- Garnish potatoes with thyme leaves to serve.