Add a zesty punch of lemon to a warm winter salad.
350 g spud lite potatoes, cut into chunks
6 slices Weight Watchers 98% fat-free bacon, chopped
200 g small Brussels sprouts, trimmed, quartered
1 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
60 ml cup water
2 tomatoes, chopped
420 g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
6 cups torn butter lettuce
60 g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the bacon is crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients in a small screw-top jar. Shake well. Set aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts, onion and water to the frying pan. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sprouts are just tender. Remove pan from heat and stir in tomatoes, potatoes and chickpeas.
- Place lettuce on serving plates. Top with potato mixture. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with feta and reserved bacon. Serve