Up the heat with the addition of wasabi to salmon
900 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
4 x 200 g boneless skinless salmon fillets
2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup mirin
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp wasabi paste
- Place pumpkin in a shallow, microwaveproof dish with 2 tblsps water. Cover with damp absorbent kitchen paper. Microwave on High (100 per cent) for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Season. Coarsely mash.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Mix well.
- Place salmon on an oiled, large oven tray. Place broccolini on a separate oiled, large oven tray. Spoon 2 tblsps of the sauce over each tray.
- Cook both trays in a very hot oven (220C) for about 12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking and broccolini is tender.
- Serve salmon and broccolini with mashed pumpkin. Spoon over remaining sauce.